If you are cleaning up a mold problem in your home, mold inhibitors may be needed to prevent the growth of mold. When a home is prone to mold because of the humidity in the area or a previous mold problem, mold preventer spray can be used on wood and other surfaces to decrease the chances of mold growth.
During the mold cleanup process, it is important to remember that taking care of the problem is more than just getting rid of the visible mold. You also need to take preventative steps to stop future mold growth, and a mold preventer spray is a great option for porous surfaces such as wood.
Inhibitors are additives that are used to prevent mold from growing. If an area is prone to mold growth, then these inhibitors may be used to avoid mold problems. For example, if a home is being built in a humid area where mold is very common, then a mold preventer spray may be used during the construction process in order to avoid mold problems that may otherwise develop.
There are many different types of products, in addition to mold inhibitors, that can be purchased to prevent mold growth. Working with a mold specialist is the best way to identify the products that should be used for your home. For example, sometimes a farmer may consider using mold inhibiting animal feed as well as a spray on wood to prevent the growth of mold in their barn.
At the end of this article we discuss our recommended products.
Mold exposure can cause many health problems to people living in the area where the mold is growing, so it is best to clean up the problem as soon as possible. The trouble is that many people don’t realize how serious mold problems can be, and during their do-it-yourself cleanup process they end up making the problems worse because of cross contamination and higher levels of mold spores in the air.
Certain tools, cleaners, and techniques need to be used in order to effectively get rid of all of the mold spores in an area. The only way to know that you are proceeding with the right cleanup process is by working with a certified mold professional. They will help you to determine if mold inhibitors or a mold preventer spray is needed for your situation.
The picture above shows mold on wood in a basement. It was caused by excessive humidity.
When you consult with a mold specialist, they will tell you exactly what needs to be done to kill the mold in your home. A professional can perform before and after mold spore tests, as well as giving you guidelines for the mold removal. Many people choose to hire a contractor to clean up the mold when they learn how much work is involved in the removal process.
These are some of the supplies that may be needed for the mold cleanup process, depending on the severity of the mold: biocide, a HEPA filtered vacuum, a wire bristle brush, rubber gloves, goggles, an air mask, plastic sheets, duct tape, a negative air machine, an air scrubber, mold inhibitors and/or a mold preventer spray.
If you hire a contractor to clean up the mold for you, they will bring the needed supplies and take care of everything. If you choose to clean up the problem by yourself, it is essential that you consult with a specialist who will help you decide which equipment and cleaning supplies are needed.
Even though you may be tempted to cut costs, don’t take the risk when you are dealing with mold cleanup. It is important to do this job as thoroughly as possible in order to protect the health of everyone living within the home.
Everyone can benefit from a free consultation because a mold removal specialist will visit your home to assess the situation and provide you with valuable information and advice, even if you end up deciding not to hire a professional. A specialist can recommend the best techniques for cleaning up mold and preventing it from returning. A specialist can also provide you with important information about safety measures that should be taken during the mold removal process so that you don’t inadvertently expose yourself to harmful mold spores.
Follow the link for a list of qualified mold removal specialists in your town offering free consultations.
If after meeting with a mold removal specialist you decide you want to handle the mold yourself, we recommend using Endurance BioBarrier. They make a mold cleaner as well as a long-term mold prevention product. Both products are non-toxic, environmentally friendly and easy to use. They are the only products we have seen that are commercial strength, but safe for consumers to use. You can follow this link to Amazon.com to learn more about the Endurance mold products.