Health Issues From Mold on Cattle Farm
(Manitou Springs, co)
I grew up on a cattle farm in the Midwest. I am very allergic to mold. Most people think of allergic reactions to mold as the runny nose or itch of the eye.
My and my father's reactions are true vertigo, where the room spins and severe nausea. This can last for days. I remember my father being so sick we thought he might not be able to work, but treatment at the Mayo Clinic found the cause was mold and after a year of shots he was left with only hearing loss and ringing in the left ear.
I've been lucky to have the knowledge gained by my father's treatment and I chose not to live on a cattle farm where mold in the hay and barns is always present. I try to stay away from dry grass and other rotting mulch. I take care to be sure my house is clear of mold as well.
I hope this information is helpful to others.
Mold on a Farm
We also had an issue with mold on our farm. We had it in the barn really bad. Our Vet figured it out because so many of our animals were getting sick for so long. There was so much mold in the barn that we decided to tear it down and build another one. We felt so bad that the animals suffered for so long.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mold Stories.