Black Mold Has Taken Over My Mobile Home
I have lived here 7 years now. I have had leaks and they have been repaired, but it never dries. There is insulation under my home that stays damp even in 110 degree summers.Response
I lived alone until about 3 years ago, I now have a roommate. My children do not believe me when I tell them it can get so bad at times it makes holes in my carpet and bathroom floor. It looks like round cigarette burns when it first starts. Next thing you know your carpet get damaged and you get large pieces of carpet that looks like it is has grease or slimy stuff in it and there is no way to clean. It is in my walk-in closet which stays dark and damp most of the time. I cannot hang my clothes in there and wear them. They smell bad and get spots and stains. It is in my bedding, in my food and all my animals are wheezing.
I have tried to show pictures and tried to get my four children to believe me. I am 70 and my kids think I am crazy. I have sores on my legs and feet. And my hair is thinner, and so is my roommates also. I spend almost all my time trying to keep things clean enough to live here. It is in the air, and my furniture looks dirty and greasy.
Thank you for writing to us. It sounds like you have a mold problem but without having an expert come and test there is now way to know for sure. I would recommend you have a home inspection and let a professional take a look. You can get a list of mold removal professionals
that will give a free home inspection by following the link.
As you know black mold is very dangerous to have in your home and can cause many health issues
for both humans and animals. It really does not matter what your children say if there is mold in your home you need to take care of it. If you rent your home try calling your local department of health and they can advise you of your legal rights.
If you have any other questions please let us know. Do not procrastinate, take care of this ASAP. Here is more information you can read about mold in the home:Causes of moldFAQ about mold in the homeMold removal costs