When the allergy mold spore count increases in the air, mold spore allergy symptoms will also increase. Often, these allergies are a result of outdoor mold, which increases in the warmer spring and summer months. But, it is common for people to also experience symptoms as a result of an indoor mold problem.
Outdoor mold is a common, natural part of the environment, and it assists in several environmental factors within the ecosystem. Mold usually lies dormant in the colder months, and it begins to grow again when the weather warms up. During the growing period, microscopic spores are sent into the air and the allergy mold spore count increases.
Most people with mold spore allergy symptoms notice that their symptoms become much worse as the allergy mold spore count gets higher. But, unfortunately there are not a lot of solutions to outdoor mold problems, because the mold spores will continue to spread through the air during the warmer seasons.
When the weather starts to cool off again, you may experience a decrease in your symptoms. During the warmer months, allergies can be controlled by staying indoors where the air is filtered and dry. Certain medications may also decrease the symptoms that you are experiencing.
It is common for the allergy mold spore count to increase indoors without a homeowner recognizing that there is a problem. Some people experience mold spore allergy symptoms and they assume that it is because of seasonal outdoor allergies. But, the truth is that indoor mold spores may cause severe allergy problems as well. In fact, indoor mold may be more potent than outdoor mold, especially because the person may be continually exposed throughout the day.
If you suspect that your mold spore allergy symptoms are a result of indoor mold, it is a good idea to have a mold specialist test the allergy mold spore count in the air. Specialists have high quality equipment that can test for mold presence, and help you to determine whether or not a problem is present. These air tests are essential, because mold spores are microscopic and they can’t be detected with any other procedure.
Indoor mold testing should be done as soon as you suspect a problem, because the symptoms will continue as long as the mold is present. The only way to completely get rid of the symptoms that you are experiencing is by getting rid of the mold that you are exposed to. Additionally, indoor testing should also be done after the cleanup process is complete, in order to be sure that everything was cleaned up correctly and all of the mold spores are gone.
Another advantage to using a mold specialist for the testing process is that they can also oversee the cleanup process. Often, the specialist will test and identify where the mold problems are within the home, and then they will advise on a cleanup process as well. Each situation is unique, and different techniques are needed depending on where the mold is located.
Cleaning up indoor mold on your own can be very dangerous, and continued mold exposure will result in additional mold spore allergy symptoms. It is not a good idea to proceed with the cleanup process if you don’t understand what needs to be done in order to safely eradicate the mold. The only way to be sure that the cleanup process is safe and complete is by working with a professional who can do the job for you, or advise you on best practices.
To locate professionals that conduct home mold tests in your area, just follow this link.
Return From Allergy Mold Spore Count To Our Symptoms Of Mold Allergies Page
Black Mold Health Symptoms Home Page