If you are experiencing symptoms of mold allergy, then you are probably desperate to find a solution for your health discomfort. Mold allergies symptoms can cause a person to be miserable, and the person will continue to experience the symptoms as long as mold spores are present in the air. These allergies may be caused by two types of mold: indoor mold and outdoor mold.
Typically, the symptoms of a mold allergy involve respiratory and sinus problems. For example, you are probably experiencing a runny nose, stuffy sinuses, itchy and watery eyes, headaches, coughing, and sneezing. In severe cases, the person may develop wheezing or have a hard time breathing because of asthma.
When mold starts to grow, spores are released into the air through the mold’s reproductive processes. These mold spores are very tiny, and they cannot be seen unless they are under a microscope. In fact, one location of mold growth may result in millions of mold spores being released into the air.
When someone is allergic to those spores, they will develop mold allergies symptoms, and the body reacts because it is allergic to the microscopic elements. When indoor mold exposure becomes worse, a person may also begin to develop toxic mold symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, autoimmune diseases, and even cancer.
Outdoor mold spores grow naturally in many locations, and they work in the environment to break down decomposing substances. They are part of the circle of life, and it is impossible to get rid of the mold outdoors. If you have symptoms of mold allergy that result from outdoor mold, then you will most likely develop more severe symptoms in the warmer months.
Indoor mold spores come from specific damp areas where mold has been growing. When mold spores are in the air and land on a damp surface, they will take hold and begin to duplicate and spread. As the mold spreads, it will continue to release additional spores into the air, causing your mold allergies symptoms to become even worse.
The only way to get rid of your symptoms is to stop the exposure that you are experiencing. It is difficult to get rid of outdoor mold allergies, but the symptoms can be decreased by staying indoors and consulting with your doctor to find a good allergy treatment plan.
It is common for someone to assume that their mold allergies symptoms are a result of outdoor mold, when in fact they are experiencing symptoms because of mold that is growing in their home. Indoor mold can cause severe health problems, especially as it continues to grow and spread.
The best way to take care of an indoor mold problem is to start out by having a mold specialist test the air in order to determine if indeed you do have mold in your home, and then to determine just how bad the mold problem is. Once the testing process is complete, they can advise you on the best cleanup process. Be sure to work with a professional throughout the cleanup process, because mold exposure can be very dangerous to your health.
Once the cleanup process is complete, the mold specialist should do another air test in order to verify that the problem has been taken care of. If all of the mold spores are gone, your mold allergy symptoms will go away because you are no longer being exposed to the mold spores that were making you sick. Be sure to be aware of the signs and symptoms of indoor mold, so that you can avoid having a mold problem in the future.
Follow this link to get a list of Professional Mold Testers near you.